Sunday 3 April 2011

BKA Seminar and Kyusha Taikai 2011 - Liverpool

Well that's it for 2011. Thanks go out to Howell Sensei and Schofield Sensei for their patience, tuition and understanding over the two days. I would like to thank all those that traveled to Liverpool, in particular those that believed 'the North' was another country. I hope they all had a good time and will let everyone in their dojo know if they did. We learned a lot from all our kendoka friends who visited and I'll be sending out feedback forms so we can improve the event for next year and their dojo's beginners who will follow in their footsteps.

I will collate all the photographs and videos I took over the weekend and have them online via youtube and flickr [I hope no one minds] as soon as possible and let everyone know here. I'll also write a report but if anyone wants to share their thoughts about the event to other BKA members I'd love to see it. All that's left is to say thank you once again, give you the result and say we'll see you next year.

BKA Kyusha Taikai 3rd April 2011, Liverpool

First - Tatos Shahbazian, Hizen Dojo
Second - Philip Law, UCL [I think]
Third - Richard Crosbie, Liverpool
Third -Ben Greenhalgh, Doshinkenyukai

And I think Fighting Spirit also went to Philip Law

Well done all!

OH, it's kata on Monday, although I will not be there and it will be practice as normal on Wednesday so please put to good use any knowledge you have gained from this weekend we will be discussing things further the week after next...

No comments: