Monday 25 October 2010

British Open 2010

Just to let you know that I did go to the British Open at Mumeishi the weekend before last. This was my first time at this particular taikai, and it was hugely enjoyable. I got up at 5.00am (yes folks that's how early you have to rise for kendo sometimes) and drove to Cranford which is next to Heathrow. There were quite a few competitors (I was number 47 and I wasn't the last) in the senior category, but the juniors and ladies were less well represented. I thought I had a fair go in my first shiai. It was taken to encho where I won with a menuchi. I then found out that I had Will Wright (sensei at Tora Dojo and British Squad member). Again this shiai went to encho but I was picked off with a kote very shortly after the start of encho. Will eventually came second.

I thoroughly enjoyed the day, and it was good to catch up kendoka from all over the country and will definitely make the effort to go next year. Thanks to all at Mumeishi.

No comments: